What is MINISTRY OF CARE all about?
Through Ministry of Care, we bring the compassion and communion of the church to the sick and homebound. Representing the faith community, we seek to companion those seeking the healing presence of Christ.
We also bring before the parish community the suffering of its members—the suffering of Christ—including them in the prayers of the faithful, and supporting them in their difficulties.
Ministry of Care includes:
- home visits
- telephone contact
- spiritual pastoral care
- supporting caregivers
- emotional/crisis support
- prayer shawl distribution
- listening, caring presence
- funeral planning assistance
- grief and bereavement care
- hospital and care home visits
- arranging Anointing of the Sick
- singing in the Resurrection Choir
- lay presided funeral vigil ministry
- November Mass of Remembrance
- parish education on relevant issues
- encouragement for the marginalized
- consultations for preplanning funerals
- providing parish hospitality at funerals
- assistance with transportation to Mass
- communion to the homebound, the sick
- prayer evening for all affected by cancer
We are grateful for the many volunteers who assist in this parish ministry. Training and support is provided.
If you are interested in participating, or if you need our assistance, please contact Kelly or Charlene.
- Kelly Wormsbecker, 306.374.1425 or email@example.com or
- Charlene Nijhawan, 306.374.1425 firstname.lastname@example.org